Announcing Worldwide InstaMeet 10: October 4-5
On the weekend of October 4-5, join fellow Instagrammers around the world to celebrate #WWIM10, the 10th Worldwide InstaMeet. Gareth Pon (@garethpon), a filmmaker and photographer from Johannesburg, South Africa, started organizing InstaMeets in 2012 as “a fun way to discover the city and sneak into some unique places.”
“It became an awesome way to meet people and explore the common passion of photography,” he says. “The most special thing is being able to see people from so many different walks of life coming together and either discovering their creativity (that they never knew they had) or expressing their creativity among friends who share a common passion.”
Here are Gareth’s top tips for creating a great InstaMeet:
- “Scout for good locations: People love exploring new places and the more photo opportunities the better!
- Consider the time of day: We try always organize InstaMeets during “magic hour” for the best light.
- “Create something shareable: I’ll always make what we call an ‘infogram’ to let everyone know there is a meet. The infogram usually has an image of the location with overlaid text of the location, time, date and hashtag. I then write up a short caption and add them temporarily to a blog post for anyone to download and post. That way people can easily spread the news about the InstaMeet.”
- “Capture your InstaMeet: Besides always smiling and being friendly, I highly recommend documenting your InstaMeets. I try to capture the vibe of the meet in a little film or highlights video to extend the experience and I can use these videos as ways to promote future instameets.”
RED VELVET SMOOTHIE BOWL
This bowl was perfection for this cool summer morning. After my run I re-fueled with this blood-healthy beet read bowl, which mimics the taste of a red velvet cake.
- 1/2 cup roasted beets
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup almond milk
- 4 tbsp golden raisins
- 2 ice cubes
blend all ingredients together until smooth.
for toppings, I added:
- sliced fresh banana
- a few walnuts
- raw organic cocoa nibs
- my own ‘rawnola’ (recipe up soon)
- and some frozen mango bites.
THIS WAS SO GOOD and gave me amazing energy to re-fuel after my run. will definitely make it again.
Wicked Awesome Salon
Marry me, perfect creature